I stopped playing World Of Tanks. The changes to that game during 2013 left me in no doubt the developers are more interested in money than developing an interesting clan-based tank game.
Some games I enjoyed and played the most during 2013:
- War Thunder - great action based WWII fighter simulator without an obnoxious cash shop.
- Kerbal Space Program - still the best Minecraft in space.
- Minecraft - I still frequently play this game since the early 2009 alpha.
- Tomb Raider - magnificent reboot of a very old game series.
- EVE Online - joined a pirate corporation this year. The game is so much more user friendly than when I first started playing it back in 2006 when it was a confusing mess.
- Assassin's Creed IV - best pirate simulator I have played since Sid Meiers Pirates. I've also started enjoying ACIII which uses the same graphics engine as IV. Hoping Ubisoft will release a full blown open world pirate simulator and remove all the Assassin's Creed nonsense.
- Planetside 2 - the best squad based action online game.
I am closely following the Star Citizen project which I firmly believe will inject some excitement into the space game genre.